Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Unity?

Pat Buchanan made an interesting observation today. When the conservatives win, the media demands that the conservatives reach out to the other side. When the liberals win, the media urges conservatives to get behind the new leaders!

Pray for them, yes. Respect them, yes. Honor their achievement, yes. Congratulate them, yes. Be magnanimous in defeat, yes. But unify behind their beliefs, no! We need to unify behind our beliefs, learn to communicate those beliefs. 55million Americans voted another way, Barack. We will be vigilantly watching what you do. We wish you well, but you do not get a free pass.

Life, liberty, love of country, that shining city on the hill; we will find leaders who can articulate and fight for conservative principles: power to the individual, the family, marriage, not the government. We are not going to nominate any more moderates, Barack. We are going to nominate a candidate who can use technology, like you did, Barack. We are going to nominate someone who can persuade, like you did, Barack. We are not going to duck and cover. We are not hanging our heads in defeat.

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

I will repeat myself here (ha). I have no intention of being gracious. For eight long years, they railed at me...my turn. And I sincerely hope it won't be for eight long years.

Mrs. Who said...

I'm with you...I'll not change my beliefs. I won't 'prostitute' myself to appease a belief that I cannot and will not choose.

It doesn't make me wrong. It just makes me free.