Saturday, November 01, 2008

If I Could Have an Eagle...

Eight-year-old Jon wrote this piece.

If I could have any pet in the world, it would be an eagle. I want an eagle because eagles are on most dollar bills, and they are very wild. Plus, the eagle is our national bird! My eagle's wings will be the size of two boar goats combined! He will be so good of a flyer he will fly around the world and then fly to the moon and back to me! His screech will be so loud he would cause two earthquakes and all of the volcanoes in the whole world would explode into tiny puddles of lava.

I would feed him fresh turkey, clean fish, and plump rats, and give him fresh, crystal clear water. I will keep it in a cage two miles long, with big green bushes he could hide in, and huge trees with vines so long he could swing across the whole cage.

I will teach it how to hunt little things that he could later hunt on his own. He will become such a good hunter that he could eventually hunt big animals like moose, deer, buffalo, bear, and maybe even an elephant. If I could have an eagle, he would be the best pet I could ever have in my whole life!

6 comments:

Mrs. Who said...

Excellent essay! What a creative mind your son has.

Gecko said...

Err, will a green Amazon that thinks he is an eagle do?

Gayle said...

Great little essay, and that would be one awesome eagle! :)

Terri Wagner said...

I think you have a future writer in the family. I could just picture such an eagle.

gcotharn said...

What a fun read. I bought into it, imagining the eagle flying to the moon and back, and screeching.

justin said...

hello little eagle, such a good piece you wrote there.pls can you write some piece abt a sheep.