Saturday, August 11, 2007

No Whole Pieces


We took the whole crew to a county fair. In order to avoid the anticpated high cost of food there, we stopped at Kentucky Fried Chicken. There was a sign over the cash register that read "No Whole Peices of Chicken". I asked, "Would you please explain the sign to me?" The clerk calmly stated, "No breasts, no thighs, no drumsticks." I said, "Am I in Kentucky Fried Chicken?" "Yes, but we are also a Taco Bell, and you can order cut-up chicken from the Taco Bell menu."

We had a great time at the fair, and I did not forget to look for God's painting in the sky, which was magnificent.

4 comments:

Webutante said...

Your photos of the past few days are stunning, Bob. I love the Great Plains mainly because of the panoramic sky views and the ability to see a thunderstorm off 30 miles away while the sun is still shining.

As I wind my way back home, I already miss this aspect of being in the West....big skies. But I can enjoy your new views through these wonderful photos!

Rita Loca said...

Ok, now, all these great shots are getting me jealous!!!

Bob's Blog said...

Webutante,
I really had no idea of the beauty of the prairie sky. I am humbled and awestruck each and every evening.

Jungle Mom,
Please see my post called: "Pot Of Gold". There are two vacancies!

benning said...

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard! I would make note of that "restaurant" and never return!

Impressive picture!