Thursday, August 30, 2007

Looking Forward to the Democratic Convention in 2008


___________________________
From Slate comes this glimpse into the future.

"Smoking Gun from the Future:

Filed: 8/27/08 at 8:57:26 AM

On 8/26 at about 1200 hours I was working a plainclothes detail involving deviant conduct in the men's room at the Pepsi Center during the Democratic Convention. We had received civilian complaints of disorderly persons using this particular facility and had made several arrests.

I entered the men's restroom and proceeded to an unoccupied stall in the back of the restroom. Other people were using the restroom for its intended purposes.While seated in the stall, I was the third stall from the wall (which was to the East). I observed suspect, a middle aged white male, enter the stall to my left and place his roller bag against the front of the stall door.

At 1216 hours suspect tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal often used by persons wishing to criticize teachers' unions. Suspect tapped his toes several times and moved his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly.

At 1217 hours, I saw suspect swipe his hand under the divider for a few seconds, a possible sign of support for charter schools. Suspect repeated this motion again, from the front towards the back, and I could see more of his hand. Suspect then swiped his hand in the same motion for a third time. My experience has shown that this suggests an openness to publicly funded private school vouchers. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. This did not seem to deter the suspect. He began to whistle. Means-testing! I knew I had to take action. I slid my party credential under the divider and pointed to the exit. When suspect tried to leave I handcuffed him and placed him against the wall.

Suspect denied all charges and claimed he was really soliciting homosexual sex. He was immediately released."


How is that for wonderful satire?

2 comments:

robinstarfish said...

Who knew my senator was such a stand-up, I mean a sit-down, comedian?

Gotta say, the office has had more fun the last couple days than I can remember (at his expense).

Bob's Blog said...

Yes, Robin, he is quite a toe tapper. Also quite a contortionist, reaching over with his left hand to communicate with the policeman, while using the toilet for its intended purpose. I was debating whether to go down there and liveblog during the convention, but now it is a no-brainer, and I even know where to station myself!