Thursday, March 29, 2007

Viola, Violas, Snow, and Yogurt



Today I wanted to post some photos of violas, which have been blooming beautifully this spring. The weatherman had different ideas, and covered the violas with a few inches of fresh snow. So I came back inside where I saw Viola, our foster daughter, happily eating a bowl of yogurt. There is nothing better than dipping your whole face and front bangs into a big bowl of yogurt. So, I had my picture of Viola, but not a very good one of violas.

It has been wonderful to watch Viola thrive. When she came to us in June she cried a lot and refused to try anything new. Now she happily jets around puttering here and there, just like her foster dad. There is a court hearing April 23 to plan for her future. We are considering adopting her, and so is a cousin who is a single mom of a terrific ten-year-old girl. The hearing to consider termination of parental rights is scheduled in June.


I have been inspired to post photos, because I have recently found a wonderful blog called A Work in Progress. Julie C posts vivid photos of animals and flowers there, as well as her own wonderful watercolors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bob!
I love the snowy violas, the contrast of burgundy and yellow against the white.

And your Viola is adorable! She reminds me of my cousin, Tim. When he was about two his dad, my mom's brother, died, and he came to live with us. Tim's mom is Athapaskan. He was a beautiful little kid.

robinstarfish said...

Hey Bob, thanks for stopping by the Motel! There is a nicely growing group of photographers - juliec, mizze, rivercocytus - so it's great to add another one. Welcome to the party.

Looking forward to more pictures!