Sunday, March 18, 2007

It Is All Relative

Our five-year-old said to my wife today, "Mom, what are you going to do about the fact that you are turning forty-five tomorrow?" She replied, "Well, son, I guess I will just cope the best that I can!" Of course, then I immediately chimed in with, "I'd be happy to be only forty-five tomorrow! But I would have to subtract twenty-one years in order to get there!"

Can I help it if it took me twenty-one years to reach a level of maturity such that my wife would consider taking me on as an equal partner?

And I will do everything possible to make her birthday a really positive day she will look back on with fond and happy memories.

1 comment:

Mrs_Who said...

Happy Birthday to Colleen! And as always, my gift will be to NOT sing Happy Birthday!.

-Mrs. Who
http://houseofzathras.com