Friday, December 29, 2006

"I'll Never Quit!"


After getting four foot drifts from the Christmas blizzard, we got at least two more feet of fresh powder last night. My five-year-old son insisted on helping me with the shoveling. After we had put in a good hour, he said his hands were getting cold. I said, "Go inside and get warm." He replied with gusto, "I'll never quit!" Then he followed with, "Do you know where I got that attitude?" I said, "No, where?" Immediately I thought to myself, I hope he says from me, but I was afraid he wouldn't. Then he announced with enthusiasm in his voice, "From you!" My heart jumped up into my throat, but I managed to say,"That makes me happy, son."

2 comments:

Mrs_Who said...

I am so, so proud of you and your son.

And so, so glad that I don't live with that kind of snow!

-Mrs. Who

Bob's Blog said...

Thank you. I am proud of him. He goes about his school work with similar gusto.

Except for four years of college in Texas, I have always lived around snow, and I actually love it! It was very unusual for us to get so much in December. Usually the really big storms come in March, and melt off a couple days later.