Friday, December 29, 2006

Can We Put Our Son In Your Day Care?


My wife is always worrying about what the neighbors think of our large family (six children of our own, plus two foster children). She imagines that we must be the talk of the neighborhood. Then one day this week she got conclusive proof. A woman came to our house and asked, "Can I put my son in your day care?' That did it. Colleen explained that we do not have a day care business; this is our family! The woman could hardly believe it. The usual reply soon was uttered: "I have my hands full with the one (or two) that I have!"

Now Colleen really wants to move somewhere where we won't be the talk of the neighborhood, where our older kids will have more room to roam. I am not sure where that would be. I will admit, though, that every time we get a foster child and become bonded with that child, my thoughts turn to adoption. We have adopted the girl in this picture, and we have two more who deserve permanent homes. At some point that will mean a bigger house. But how do you sell a house that has been lived in by eight children? Any creative realtors out there?

Maybe I can get a deal like this one!

1 comment:

Tim A said...

Phil 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.