Sunday, November 04, 2018

The Fourth Industrial Revolution

We are now being taught how to live through the Fourth Industrial Revolution which is bringing together physical, digital and biological systems. We are continuously leaking data about ourselves. For example, on my recent trip to Colorado my phone knew where I was at all times, giving me updated weather forecasts for whatever town I was in.

The "internet of things" is the era we are now entering. We are headed to a place where we will never be disconnected from our technology. Supposedly, we will be able to connect to Facebook using only our brainwaves. Will we be able to tell the difference between our augmented reality and our actual selves?

What are some of the dangers? People are becoming more apathetic, more unequal, some kids will be "enhanced."

Can you put down your phone? Can we figure out how to stop this before it kills us?

Hat tip Greg Agard.

No comments: