Thursday, April 12, 2018

#Not a Cuck

Ace of Spades praises Mick Mulvaney. From The Hill,
Mick Mulvaney, the acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), told a Senate panel on Thursday that he's not legally bound to answer lawmakers' questions, only to appear before them, in comments meant to stress his agency's independence.
"While I have to be here by statute, I don’t think I have to answer your questions," Mulvaney told the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. "If you take a look at the actual statute that requires me to be here, it says that I 'shall appear' before the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs of the Senate. And I'm here and I'm happy to do it."

He also told a House panel something similar: "I believe it would be my statutory right to just sit here and twiddle my thumbs while you all ask questions."

Some Republicans enjoyed Mulvaney's use of the Democrats' own stupid rules against them.
Read more here.

No comments: