Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A letter to the president

Oregon Muse wrote a letter to encourage PresidentTrump to stay the course. He recommends you and I do the same. Here's his:
I have just done something I have never done before. I have written a letter to the president. Not even in the days of 9/11 have I felt so moved to do this. It's just that with every day there's a new yelly, shouty, Soros-funded attack that I'm afraid President Trump will be tempted to cave in. I think he needs to be encouraged not to do this. As Rush points out, he really doesn't have any support, not from the opposition party, not from the media, not from academia, not even from elements in his own party, nobody except from those of us who voted for him, and perhaps those of you who did not vote for him, but do not want to see him destroyed by a howling mob of imbeciles. So I encourage all of you to go to this link, bring up the e-mail form, and write an encouraging note to the president. Here is what I told him:

Mr. President--

Ever since your inauguration, there has been nothing but hysterical, dialed-up-to-11 outrage coming at you from the Democrats, the media, and even elements in the Republican Party. George Soros is undoubtedly bankrolling some of this ginned up outrage. Even so, I have never seen anything like this before in my life. I love it that you are apparently that big a threat to the status quo. And the last thing America needs right now is a go-along-to-get-along status quo politician.

Mr. President, please stay the course. Please do not go wobbly on us.

It's probably going to get worse before it gets better, but I think you know this. Please, please PLEASE do not back down from any of your proposals or nominations. If you do, your enemies will only smell blood in the water and come at you even harder. Plus, you'll only discourage those of us who want to support you.

This is no "well, we disagree on policy" dispute. They want to destroy your presidency and they want to destroy you personally. If you did not know this when you started your campaign, you probably know it now.

Mr. President, I know you're a fighter. I voted for you because I could see you were a fighter. But now you're in the fight of your life. The attacks are coming at you fresh and new every day. Please do not allow yourself to think that if you give in to their demands, you will avoid conflict. This is a lie, and I'm sure you know this.

Illegitimi non carborundum, Mr. President. Do not let the bastards grind you down.

My wife and I pray for daily.

May God give you strength and may God grant you victory. Because if you win, America wins. If you lose, we all lose.

Thank you

No comments: