Sunday, February 14, 2016

A slave to the MSM Landscape of Lies

Commenter zombie at Ace of Spades:
What Trump's bizarre claim tonight says to me, is that he is stupider than I realized.

I say this because Trump did not come up with this "Bush Lied, People Died!" claim. This conspiracy theory has been a central tenet to leftism since 9/11, and especially since 2003. Every sign at every protest made this claim, and the lie was repeated so often that it was printed in "the news" as fact and eventually became just an unchallenged background fact that every clear-thinking person accepted. Or so the left hoped.

I suppose that Trump saw the "Bush lied!" meme in the media enough times that he just assumed it had to be true.

And that's why I think he's stupider than previously assumed: because if he is unable to filter out leftist narratives from provable facts, then he's a slave to the MSM Landscape of Lies.

Cruz, on the other hand, has made it a central point of his campaign that he's acutely aware that extreme leftists control most media and that he knows more than anyone that they cannot be trusted.

This reassessment of Trump's intelligence level would not be enough for me to vote against him in the general election should he win the nomination; but it does lower the already-low chance I would change my vote from Cruz to Trump in the California primary (which will probably be irrelevant, I realize).

No comments: