Thursday, February 18, 2016

Of Popes, would-be presidents, and walls

The big news story of the day is the Pope making these comments about Donald Trump:
"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian," he said. While Francis said he would "give the benefit of the doubt" because he had not heard Trump's border plans independently, he added, "I say only that this man is not a Christian if he has said things like that."
Nicole Winfield and Julie Pace of the Associated Press heard the Pope's remarks aboard the papal plane, as the pontiff returned to his walled off compound in Rome. As would be totally predictable, Trump responded immediately, saying it was "disgraceful" for a religious leader to question a person's faith. "I am proud to be a Christian, and as president I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened."

Here is a photograph of the Pope's home in Rome, surrounded by a medieval wall:

I got this photo from the Daily Caller

1 comment:

Infidel de Manahatta said...

I'm Catholic but I'm already sick of this Pope. I much preferred Benedict and John Paul.