Thursday, January 21, 2016

Have you earned the privilege of the benefit of the doubt?

Seth Godin writes about the power of the instant yes:
The other day, a friend asked me for a favor. I gave him an instant yes.

The instant yes is precious. It's earned, it doesn't last forever, it's easily abused.

Not the yes of, "I'll look it over and if it makes sense or fits in my calendar or is profitable then of course, I'll do it," but the yes of, "yes."

Do you want to try our daily special, it's really good? Do you want to see my new project proposal? Will you come to this event I'm holding? Will you contribute to this discussion? Can I borrow $500?

How many people will give you an instant yes if you ask them? How many times has your organization (or you) earned the privilege of the benefit of the doubt?

No comments: