Friday, October 03, 2014

What I believe

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about what I believe is important. I found that my strongest convictions are in four basic areas: spiritual/emotional, nutrition, rest, and exercise.

The most important of these is spiritual/emotional. Included in this are my relationships. First, to God, from Whom I have learned to love and forgive myself and others. Also included here are the ideas of freedom and liberty, and I believe I should stay away from addictions.

As for nutrition, I believe in eating fruits, vegetables and protein from meat and cheese. I believe in limiting sugar and sugar substitutes, and that's not easy in America, where the "food" companies flood our grocery stores with products containing sugar or sugar substitutes.

Having the discipline to get adequate rest each day is not easy for a guy who loves reading as much as I, but I know it is essential, and always am glad when I get the rest I need.

Just like our brains need to be used, so do the rest of the areas of our bodies. "Use it or lose it" is an important maxim.

Do I succeed in each of these areas every day? No, and that is why I put these paragraphs in the order I did. Falling down and getting back up to try again is one of the most important lessons I have learned.

How about you? How would you list your most important beliefs?

1 comment:

Webutante said...

Hi Bob,

First priority is Bible study and prayer every morning....then healthy nutrition, exercise and planning for the day, friends and family communication/get togethers and doing whatever business and errands need tending to.

Simple. Then do it again the next day.

Hope you and your family are well, Bob!