Sunday, January 12, 2014

Awakening to joy and gratitude

Do you have a "to do" list, or a "to be" list? When I start to awaken each morning and think of things to do, that usually spells the end of a night's rest. The last two mornings, with the kids being here, I have awakened with many feeling of joy and gratitude for the time with them. Instead of listing all the things "to do," I just savored the moments. I sat down in my chair and read blogs, while Sara was on her tablet and the boys were playing their video games. We were all just "being."

Then Jon opened up a movie he brought up for me to watch: One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I believe that is the best movie that has been made, maybe ever. The acting by Jack Nicholson and the wonderful supporting cast, especially "Billy" and "Chief," was as good as it gets, which is another Nicholson favorite of mine. It was so thoughtful of Jon to buy that movie and to bring it up for me to watch.

No comments: