Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Gratitude Syndrome

Jennifer Rothschild is the guest blogger today at A Holy Experience. Here is what she has to teach us:

I learned many years ago, when I first became blind, that gratefulness was my best ally. It guided me through the maze of confusion and freed me from the shackles of bitterness. My friend, it truly has.

Sometimes, I still go through periods of ungratefulness. I get small-minded, short-sighted and sink to a degree of selfishness that makes everything in my soul seem dark.

But, grateful eyes truly do see grace and goodness, even in the most difficult and unattractive packages.

The Gratitude Syndrome makes you desire what you already have rather than always needing to have what you think you desire.

Gratitude makes life’s horizon bright and big rather than dark and distant. It turns what you have into more than enough.

Let’s be carriers of the gratitude syndrome … it is the infection that keeps our souls well.

"I don't get mad at God, because I NEED Him too much!"

"God gave me an extra measure of grace. That's what enabled me to not get stuck in sadness."

"Every problem is spiritual in nature." The best gift she received was "gaining the sense of intimacy and dependence."

"Everybody identifies with loss. When we trust Christ, He makes it well with our soul, even when it is not right with our circumstances."

No comments: