Saturday, June 09, 2012

Newspaper subscriptions: to cancel or not to cancel

I had some free time this afternoon, which is highly unusual, since I work in a retail establishment that usually requires everyone to work on Saturdays. I thought I would try to read about a week's worth of unopened Denver Posts. Yes, I know I can find out what's going on in the world much faster and more comprehensively by reading the many excellent blogs, but I obsess that I might be missing an important story, especially one with a more local twist. As has been the case for many years, the sports pages interested me most. I didn't find much else, but now I have a big pile of newspapers to get rid of, and my fingers were absolutely filthy! What about you? Have you cancelled your subscriptions? I am thinking about it.

No comments: