Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"Whatever you do onto the least of these..."

At the local big box store today I saw the group of disabled adults that I wrote about here a few months ago. Today I watched their leader, and I was very impressed. He gave each of them a responsibility and then praised them when they successfully completed the tasks he had given them. For example, one person unloaded the items from the grocery cart, another person swiped the credit card, and another person put the bagged items back into the cart. He gave specific praise to each person about what they had done; sincere praise, not phony condescension. The group members love this man, and they seem proud of their individual accomplishments.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

They are very special spirits the Lord sends to us. I shudder to think how we'll face Him if we ever neglected or hurt them.