Friday, July 02, 2010

Who understands liberals?

I am thinking a lot about what makes a liberal in America today. Liberal Democrats and liberal Republicans do not want Sarah Palin to run for President. The criticisms of her, Michele Bachmann, and Sharron Angle are visceral, much more vehement than the criticisms we are used to hearing about politicians.

What is that all about? Are liberals in rebellion against their mothers? Is it about the belief that a woman's place is only in the home, and they should not venture out into the world of politics? What all three have in common is that they are moms! Angle took a stand against the use of psychotropic drugs in schools. Bachmann was an anti-abortion protester. Palin was against putting lipstick on a pig. They are each Christian believers.

I think their pro-life views must be one of the reasons they are so hated by liberals. If any of you purport to understand liberals, please help me understand.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I'm sorry I can't help you Bob. I've never understood liberism in a "real" sense. I get the theory I just don't get why they don't support the Palins but do the Clinton (Bill that is). I don't get it.