Sunday, July 04, 2010

Dreams (individual and national)

Today, while reading portions of the Declaration of Independence to my kids, as they sat on the floor by me and my laptop, we had a great discussion of what our country is about. We covered the Laws of Nature and Nature's God, freedom, democracy and republicanism, elections and the electoral college.

Sara asked if a woman could be elected President. I said, yes, and asked her if she wants to be president. She said no, she wants to be in the "lodge." Puzzled, I asked her what that meant. She quickly changed her story and said no, she wants to be in the army. I told her I was glad to hear that, because as soon as she is of age, we will be enrolling her in the Young Marines. She fell back on her backpack and sighed.

2 comments:

Mrs. Who said...

My son LOVES the Young Marines! I hope Sara does as well!

Terri Wagner said...

Sara is too precious for words.