Friday, May 14, 2010

Wicked Whiney Watermelon Rules!

In Greg's second grade class, the teacher is trying to encourage the kids to write. Each day she turns to the blackboard and writes the "T.Q.," which stands for Today's Question. She writes a question on the board, then the students write a story about the question she poses. When Colleen visited the class today, the students all joined in and chanted "Greg, Greg, Greg!" By that chant they were asking Greg to read some of his stories that he had written in response to the "T.Q." He showed me some of them, and I will reprint one of them below, with his permission, and follow with others in the days ahead.

What a peaceful day. Nothing could go wrong. "Help, help, help, help! I've been...I've been...I've been robbed," said Stuttering Sally. "Robbed? By whom, asked Smart Alec Smarty. "I don't know. He's fat, wears a mask, and c-c-carries a gun!' "Just as I thought," said Smart Alec Smarty. "It was Wicked Whiney Watermelon!" "Who? asked Stuttering Sally. "You've never heard of him? He's the food that has been causing all the trouble! Oh well, better get to bed."

The next day there was a huge fire in the apartment building. The people heard angry screams coming from there, so they sent in the cucumber cops. As soon as they reached room 17, they busted open the door, and what do you know, it was Wicked Whiney Watermelon holding a gun to the baby bananas' heads. "Put your hands in the air," said the cucumbers. "No!" "Oh yeah, what are you going to do?" demanded the cucumber cops. "This," said Wicked Whiney. Suddenly two thousand persian peppers came running out of the wall and started attacking the town! They burned down buildings, ripped up papers, and turned everyone into peppers. The island fell into evil hands, and Wicked Whiney Watermelon ruled all. What a sad day.

2 comments:

vw bug said...

I love it!

Terri Wagner said...

I'm rolling. Reminds me of Peirs Anthony.