Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What a day!

Are you ready for a new post by eight-year-old Greg? Here it comes...

I was awakened this morning by my worst enemy, my alarm clock. I rolled out of bed and smacked it right on the top. Another boring day at work lay ahead. I made my coffee, got dressed, and was off to work. I finally reached Subway, and was as busy as a bird.

In the middle of the day an eleven foot tall man came in. "How can I help you?" I asked. "I would like a sub with two pig esophaguses, one pound of rusty nails, and a chopped-up cat heart on a muddy hot dog bun." Sir, I think that Subway is in Brazil," I replied. "Well the heck with this. I am going home!" he said. Then he stomped off and slammed the door so loud that he shook the whole store. The manager ran out as fast as she could. "What is going on in here?" she demanded. "A tall man just came by and ordered an esophagus/cat-heart/rusty nail sandwich," I said. She rolled her eyes and went back into her office.

My day continued with lots of customers coming and going. My work is finally done and I'm on the couch watching the news and I heard the t.v. announcer say, "A man was caught stealing an airplane. We forced him to tell us where he was going." He told us, "I'm going to Brazil to buy a Subway sandwich." I grinned and turned over asleep. What a day!

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Well done. Loved the ending.

Cliff Stewart said...

Greg, this is so funny I laughed out loud and almost spat coffee on my computer! More Greg! More Greg! More Greg!