Sunday, January 03, 2010

Denver, Colorado: Pot Capital of America!


Today's Denver Post has a front page story that is really eye-opening to me. Denver now has more marijuana dispensaries than liqour stores, Starbucks coffee shops or public schools! As of last week, Denver had issued more than 300 sales tax licenses for dispensaries. 170 were issued in December alone!

Alcohol and drug abuse already account for a large percentage of emergency room patients in America. There is a companion piece in today's Post about how alcohol-related problems are putting an unacceptable strain on the U.K. health system, costing their taxpayers $4.4 billion dollars a year. I wonder what will happen to our system here in America if marijuana use becomes as socially acceptable as alcohol.

I am just waiting for the day when my farmer wife comes to me saying, "Honey, I have an idea for a crop we could grow!"

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Sometimes you have to wonder if I can't beat them, is it ok to join them? Madness, all madness!

Webutante said...

Amazing, Bob, amazing. Did not know this.