Thursday, March 26, 2020

"You're nothing!"

On today's Rising podcast in the Hill, we learn about Joe Biden's sexual assault of Tara Reade.

"It wasn't just the assault itself, but being called "nothing" by someone I admired and trusted and who was my boss.

Joe Biden wanted me to serve drinks to donors. He said he thought I was pretty and had nice legs. He just made it clear that he liked me. The scheduler told me that he did.

I tried so hard to forget. I only told a couple of people at the time. So I just don't remember certain things. I remember the assault and the aftermath and the reverberating effect of that. The scheduler asked me to bring his gym bag to Biden. He saw me and said, "Come here." When I gave him the gym bag, it happened all in one motion almost. He had me against the wall. His hands were down my skirt and up my skirt and I wasn't wearing anything underneath. He entered me with his hand as he was trying to kiss me and say things to me.

I remember feeling shocked. There was no conversation right beforehand. When he did that, I was obviously pulling away and he pulled back and said, "come on, man, I heard you liked"...something to that effect that's what guilted me. I was trying to figure out what I did wrong to bring that on. He looked angry and irritated with me. That's when I knew I was in a very difficult position because he was my boss..."

No comments: