Sunday, December 02, 2018

"If you want to find a child sex trafficker, find a drug dealer. It's one in the same."

Sharyl Attkisson learns about drug trafficking and sex trafficking.
San Diego's number two in the country because San Diego's drug corridor is number two in the country. Texas corridor is number one in the country for narcotics and it's also number one in the country for child sex trafficking.

...Sharyl: What happens to the ones who are not rescued?

Travers: they end up with a with a hell on earth life, of being sold multiple times for money, being beaten, moved around, have no privacy, have no freedom, is all taken away and it takes years and years and years and years of rehabilitation to fix one mind that is caught up in that system.

Sharyl: You say you have to have heart to do this. Why do these guys do this with no pay?

Travers: One day I got a phone call from a number I didn’t recognize, and it was one of the girls in rehab that I had rescued. And she just said, “I just wanna say thank you to you and your team for getting me and rescuing me from where I was.” And that in and of itself makes everything worth it.
Read more here.

No comments: