Tuesday, November 29, 2016

"When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

Mark Steyn notes the words used by Barack Obama on the passing of Fidel Castro:
At this time of Fidel Castro's passing, we extend a hand of friendship to the Cuban people. We know that this moment fills Cubans - in Cuba and in the United States - with powerful emotions, recalling the countless ways in which Fidel Castro altered the course of individual lives...

Indeed. He "altered the course of individual lives" by ending them. Of those he didn't end, 20 per cent of the population fled the country. Some made it to Miami, others had the course of their lives altered by winding up in a watery grave. Among the many "individual lives" he "altered" was Mercedes Fernandez's, who before taking up residence in Castro's prison had never before had to "defecate parasites six centimeters long". As the Swedish author Johan Norberg remarked:

When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims.
Read more here.

No comments: