Friday, April 22, 2016

Transgender confusion

Yesterday when Donald Trump pontificated on transgender persons using whatever bathroom they wished, Ace of Spades wrote,
Prediction: within 24 hours he announces a major reversal on this plank and begins using the most extreme language possible to put him in sync with what he imagines conservative opinion to be.

Today Ace leads with this headline,
Donald Trump: My Position On Transgendered Bathrooms Is as Complex as Nuanced as My Position On Abortion and I Could Not Possibly Explain My Philosophical Position On Them In One Statement
ACE

Transgender confusion.

Out: "Leave it the way it is"

In: States should be allowed to do what you conservatives think they should do, whatever that is.

The thing about Trump is, it doesn't matter if he gets answers wrong on everything, because I know, fundamentally, he shares my instincts.

Even though his instincts on so many issues are directly contrary to my own, and in fact are the instincts of the PC Democratic Left.

Ah well -- he's going to be our nominee, I guess.

Boy we sure dodged a bullet with that Jesus-loving archconservative Ted Cruz! Thank God we didn't nominate him, and instead chose someone whose moderate positions make him palatable to a lot of voters who usually don't vote GOP.

Ted Cruz is kicking up hornet's nest, meanwhile, by noting that some of Fox News' anchors seem to be in the tank for Trump. Wonder who he could mean.

Oh by the way, did I mention that, after Trump stuck is foot in it by saying Transsexual Bathrooms for Everyone!, he went running to Sean Hannity for one of Hannity's typically bruising, probing cross-examinations?

Believe me, ol' Inquisitor Sean got to the bottom of this transgender-confusion and didn't let Trump just cover it up with a glib evasion. Nope, not ol' Inquisitor Sean.

And the seduction of the American right continues...

No comments: