Sunday, April 12, 2015

"When you've got a corrupt attorney-general and a corrupt revenue collector, you don't really need much else."

Mark Steyn comments on Obama's Easter prayer breakfast, held several days after Easter:
At a so-called Easter "prayer breakfast", President Obama, as is his wont, took another swipe at Christians:

On Easter, I do reflect on the fact that, as a Christian, I am supposed to love. And I have to say that sometimes, when I listen to less than loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned.

Each to his own. I get concerned that, as the President was lecturing those Christians less perfect than him, some 150 students were slaughtered at Garissa University in Kenya for no other reason than that they were Christian. Had I been at that prayer breakfast, I would have walked out in protest.

Oh, wait, you can't do that with the President of the United States. The joint's in lockdown. So, okay, I'd be stuck in there until the 40-car motorcade had left and it's safe to reopen the public thoroughfares. But I would have booed. Is it too much to expect freeborn Americans occasionally to show a little irritation at both the President's condescension and, given that some of the oldest Christian communities on earth are currently being exterminated, his ghastly bad taste?

Steyn also notes that various candidates are announcing that they are running for president:
~For myself, I'd like a candidate who's serious about ending the corruption. A republic has by definition to be virtuous - or it's a banana republic. This country has a chief law enforcement officer who prosecutes Senator Menendez, a Democrat senator who made the mistake of crossing the President, but won't prosecute Lois Lerner, a member of the supposedly "non-partisan" civil service who used the bureaucracy to target the President's enemies. When you've got a corrupt attorney-general and a corrupt revenue collector, you don't really need much else.

No comments: