Thursday, April 16, 2015

Postal worker thinks Congress is corrupt: lands on the lawn of the Capitol, but fails to deliver letters to members of Congress

I was fascinated when I heard the news this morning that a postal worker had flown a gyrocopter onto the grounds of the US Capitol. I determined to seek more information about it when I returned home from work tonight. First I went to Drudge: nothing! Then I Googled it and found this account in the Tampa Bay Times. Ben Montgomery writes,
Doug Hughes, a 61-year-old mailman from Ruskin, told his friends he was going to do it. He was going to fly a gyrocopter through protected airspace and put it down on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol, then try to deliver 535 letters of protest to 535 members of Congress.
Read more here, including the content of his letters to members of Congress.

No comments: