Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Challenge despair with hope

Do you have a son or daughter who is beginning adulthood? Has he or she been dumped by a girlfriend or boyfriend? Are you scared that he or she will hurt himself or herself? Dr. Lastname writes,

the real bad guy here is the adult world, and he’s now being introduced to its realm of pain, loss, and fucking yourself up. Heartbreak can be deadly, and only your son knows how bad it feels for him and how far he can push himself. What matters is that he does his best to keep working, keeps himself safe and drug-free, and gets back into the game as soon as he can.

“I’m scared for my son and would do anything to help him feel better, but I can’t protect him from the pain of a broken heart or stop him from hurting himself. I will remind him of who he is, what he’s accomplished, and what he really wants for himself. I’ll challenge despair with hope for his future as a broken-heart survivor.”

No comments: