Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Once dominant, then in decline: why?

One of the things Mitt Romney is fascinated by is what causes countries to become dominant world leaders, then lose that stature. In his book No Apologies, he investigates ancient China, the Ottoman Empire, Spain and Portugal, and Great Britain. I used his book today as a text on that subject, as Colleen and I are homeschooling our three children. Romney is very big on being willing to tackle difficult challenges head-on, innovation, entrepreneurship, and staying ahead of competitors.

Speaking of homeschooling, we had a great P.E. day today, as the kids and I went to the Rec Center in Castle Rock, Colorado. Swimming, basketball, and the weight room captured the enthusiasm of the kids big time. I think we will all be a little sore tomorrow, after doing all the machines in the weight room (and I do mean all the machines)!

2 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

I've always been a fan of home teaching. Maybe I should read what Romney wrote.

Bob's Blog said...

Terri,
I highly recommend that you read Romney's book. I am going to keep writing about it.