Monday, December 13, 2010

A weight loss plan that works!

Want to lose weight? I have done it, and I am now going to share my secret with you. For most of this year my weight has been around 215. Recently I had gotten it down closer to 200. Then came the infected tooth ten days ago. Now I am down to 178 this morning with shoes and clothes on!

I actually don't recommend you go out and get your tooth infected, especially the molar where you had a root canal many years back. I got an antibiotic from a dentist. He wants me either to get the infected tooth extracted for $200.00 (with Christmas coming up, the timing could not be worse) or see if an oral surgeon can save the tooth and extract many more hundreds of dollars from our bank account. My plan is to see if the antibiotics will kill the infection, brush and floss diligently forever and ever, and keep the tooth. The dentist says the tooth is infected, and the antibiotics will only kill the infection in the bones and areas around the tooth, not in the tooth itself. Why not? We'll see.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Bob...I gots mucho experiencio in this hyar stuff.

The antibiotic will work just fine, and you'll get better for a good while. I'm on my 3rd year with one pesky one in particular. Never had to go the antibiotic route with it yet...Advil for about a week, and it's fine.

Incidentally, it flares when my sinuses act up...about this time of year btw. I understand that a tooth flaring can goof up your sinuses, or vice versa.

But, it's on its' last leg. The next time it flares, it's getting pulled. Root canals, and caps run into the thousand+ now. I don't care that much. At 51, if I can keep enough teeth to chew with until I croak, I'm fine.

Bob's Blog said...

Andy,
A couple of days left on the antibiotic, and the pain is gone; just a minor annoyance. No need for the Ibuprofen now. Chewin entirely on the other side for now.

Terri Wagner said...

Good luck with that. I didn't take care of a cracked tooth and lost it. No fun at all. Keep your teeth. Until the Japanese figure out how to mass-market growing your own. They've done the legwork.