Monday, December 06, 2010

The reading list

I have been trying to read at least one book by famous authors I have not read or have not read in a long time. I just finished John Updike's The Terrorist. I enjoyed it. Updike has a lot of good insight into the way the world works. Pat Conroy he ain't, though!

The boys and I are reading all of Shel Silverstein's books. Both Greg and Jon can draw as well as Silverstein, but they can't yet match his silly poetry. With Sara I am reading all of the Arthur books, as well as any other book that catches my eye at the library. I finished Liz Gilbert's Committed, which did not hold my interest as well as her Eat, Pray, Love. I also got tired of her lame bashing of conservatives.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I'm reading much lighter stuff. Percy Jackson and Fablehaven ha.