Sunday, April 25, 2010

What to do about illegal immigration?

With Arizona's governor signing into law a requirement that police check papers of people who look like they might be illegal immigrants, liberals like Denver Post columnist Mike Littwin have unleashed their satirical pens. Littwin wonders in today's Post how exactly the police will be able to determine if someone is illegal: "Maybe it would be anyone scrubbing someone else's toilet. Or anyone picking someone else's crops. Or anyone roofing someone else's house. Or, I don't know, maybe anyone talking Spanish. Or pressing "2" at the ATM."

This issue will make the healthcare debate seem tame.

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I personally think this is AZ's affair, not mine. But on a personal note, I'm all for it. It's time to wash PC outta our hair...yes I realize that dates me.