Thursday, April 29, 2010

Warriors

After tonight's bedtime reading (Calvin and Hobbes) to Jon and Greg, I went back upstairs to build a fire (26 degrees and snow tonight). Soon I heard them engaging in war games. Instead of scolding them for getting out of their beds, I decided to go downstairs and photograph them for this blog post. I knew that, being boys, they probably did not have enough opportunities to expend physical energy and aggressiveness at school. Their agility impressed me. I told Jon that I think they should lower the draft age to ten. He replied, "Oh, no Dad. We don't want to join the Army; we just want to join the Air Force and drop bombs on terrorists!

2 comments:

vw bug said...

Love your son!!! I was not as patient with the hard rubber super ball in the kitchen.

Terri Wagner said...

Jon is smart. The AF always has to have AC when it travels...a big bene in the Middle East. And you're a great dad for going with the flow. My parents always laughed silently listening to my sister and I giggle for hours after going to bed.