Sunday, August 30, 2009

Spiritual events

This morning while gardening a hummingbird joined me. I had not seen one in a few years. She was greenish with black wings tipped in white. It felt to me like a spiritual event. I discovered that she was thirsty. I got the hose and squirted some water on the leaves of a nearby tree, and she immediately commenced drinking the water.

How's the garden, you ask? Well, it has been the summer of Rosie. Rosie is the cow who gives us delicious milk every day. She waits until flowers are in full bloom, then breaks through the fence and chomps them down. We fix the fence, and she waits for the blooms to come again. That part doesn't strike me as a spiritual event.

3 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Oh I dunno Bob I'd say both were.

vw bug said...

I love the cow. She's got your number.

Trinka said...

Oh, I LOVE watching the hummingbirds. I have 3 that battle over the feeder on my deck. I'm going to miss them when they head south.