Sunday, August 02, 2009

An Important Number to Remember

Sara to her dad: "Is your grandpa dead, Daddy?"
"Do you mean, my dad? Yes, he is dead. I'm sorry you never got to know him. He would have really enjoyed being with you."
"I'll call Jesus right now and ask him to bring grandpa back here for a visit."
Sara dials 420 345-8065 on her toy cell phone. "Hello Jesus?" "I need you to bring my grandpa here for a visit. Thank you."
"Sara, how did you know the telephone number for Jesus?"
"I have it right here on my phone. See, it is 420 345-8065."

3 comments:

swiftone said...

Lovely, this draws me back to that space of strange connections the children inhabit. Thx!

Terri Wagner said...

I have always believed kids have a hotline straight to God. Glad to know Sara knows that as well.

Mrs. Who said...

Isn't area code 420 in Wisconsin? Heaven is in WI? Who knew!