Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Animals


What is all this stuff sun-drying on our back porch? "Spent grain" from a brewery. There are 106 breweries in Colorado. Most along the populated front range of the Rockies. I think Colleen called all of them, but they all already had contracts with farmers to pick up the spent grain. Finally, she found one up in the mountains and contracted with them to pick up the spent grain every week. We are going to have some happy goats, and I think she even has in mind a plan for a cow. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

I am always impressed with people who keep on doing something until they get it done...I'm too impatient.

Bob's Blog said...

Yes, she is unstoppable. One of the kids told me she is bringing home a calf (in the back of the van) today. I don't doubt it for a minute; and guess who will be nursing that calf?

Bob's Blog said...

Yes, she is unstoppable. One of the kids told me she is bringing home a calf (in the back of the van) today. I don't doubt it for a minute; and guess who will be nursing that calf?