Saturday, September 26, 2020

"“I think if you start the day on your knees, you approach your job differently from when you start thinking that someone anointed you to impose your will on others.”

Jerry Dunleavy writes in the Washington Examiner,
Justice Clarence Thomas defended Barrett when asked about Feinstein’s comments in 2019. “I thought we got away from religious tests … I don’t think I know a single judge who has allowed religion to interfere with their jobs,” Thomas said. “I think if you start the day on your knees, you approach your job differently from when you start thinking that someone anointed you to impose your will on others.”
Three years ago, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas asked Barrett was she believed makes a good judge. “I think a good federal appellate judge is one who is impartial, who is unyieldingly committed to the rule of law, who gives equal rights to the rich and to the poor, who is willing to take the consequences of rulings that might be unpopular," Barrett said in 2017. "So, one who is brave.”

No comments: