Sunday, May 26, 2019

"And now I have told you this before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe."

From Bird Dog at Maggie's Farm comes today's lectionary.

John 14:23-29



14:23 Jesus answered him, "Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.


14:24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; and the word that you hear is not mine, but is from the Father who sent me.


14:25 "I have said these things to you while I am still with you.


14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.


14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.


14:28 You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I am coming to you.' If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I.


14:29 And now I have told you this before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe.

No comments: