Friday, January 19, 2018

Constitutional Right to Life

Guest post by Suzann Darnall

The second sentence of our Declaration of Independence proclaims, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” An unalienable right to life. A right being denied to thousands of unborn children each day in America as abortions are performed.

I was so proud today to listen to President Donald Trump address the March for Life rally. It was an honor to have our American president stand in solidarity with pro-lifers in support of our unborn future. The entire speech was wonderful. But, two phrases captured my heart.

The first is a blueprint I would love for us to follow: “. . . to build a society where life is celebrated and protected and cherished.” Oh, what a wonderful world if this was truly what we strived to have in our country. There really would be liberty and the pursuit of happiness if we valued all lives.

The second phrase was, “. . . you love every child born and unborn, because you believe that every life is sacred, that every child is a precious gift from God.” I do believe every child is a gift from God. How marvelous to hear our president say it. I am sure we all recall the last Oval Office resident referring to a child as a punishment.

I hope every one of my readers takes the time to look for a text or video of President Trump’s Speech. You can find it in about any search engine using President Trump March of Life 2018 Address. It was sweet music to the ear of this Christian Constitutional Conservative for sure!

As I pondered some of the aspects of President’s Trump speech, I was also reminded that many of those who do not value unborn lives also hold many other lives to be of lesser value: elderly, handicapped, ill, or in some other way considered damaged. It says in the scriptures. Matthew 25 (40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Let us continue to fight for the rights of these little ones who have yet to take their first breaths. Let us also remember the sanctity of life at all ages and in all conditions. It is, after all, a Constitutional Right!

Sayonara,
Suzann
http://www.suziezoo.com
http://www.woolymammoth.org

No comments: