Monday, June 03, 2013

"It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I have been arrested in Mexico!"

What has been your experience talking to liberals? Oregon Muse gives this example at Ace of Spades:
I was once told by my friend's girlfriend that Kentucky Fried Chicken had to change its name to KFC because all the antibiotics they gave to the chickens had mutated them to such an extent that they could no longer be legally called chicken. I thought she was joking and laughed. This resulted in an hour-long lecture on the evils of GM food, meat, hydrocarbons, the Iraq War and country music. We were on a road trip and I was a captive audience. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life, and I've been arrested in Mexico.
Update: In thinking about this, I must add that you hear just about as many absurd things when talking to people on the right. For example, one woman told me she gets her information straight from God Pat Robertson's t.v. show.

No comments: