Saturday, June 11, 2011

Making the most of our time here on Earth

Are you particular about whom you associate with? I realize we can't always control that option, but as much as possible I try to avoid people who consistently, day after day, have negative attitudes. I want to get closer to people who consistently have positive attitudes.

I don't know how much longer I'll be confined to this planet, and I believe that when I pass on, it will be to a situation of joy and bliss. Might as well get accustomed to something like that while I am still alive and kicking here on Earth!

Because of parental responsibilities, that may not be altogether possible. Instead, maybe I will have to be the one who possesses those qualities, so my children can get a foretaste of what eternity has in store for them!

1 comment:

Terri Wagner said...

I totally believe in this. I used to joke (but it wasn't really) that on my tombstone I would proudly state that every friend I had was a better person than I was. And they are.