Sunday, October 18, 2009

Are you ready for some pictures?

Today was just a wonderful day. It was the first Sunday in over one year that I did not have to work. We headed for the mountains. The teenagers skied. The rest of us headed over the continental divide to look for beaver ponds and other lesser forms of civilization. On the way I could not resist poking the camera out the window to capture some world class scenery. I had not been up in the mountains for many, many months, and it was pure joy to drink in God's majestic creations once again.

After we climb for about fifteen minutes, this magnificent view of the mountains appears on I-70.
Sara knows masks and Halloween go together, but I think we can do better than a ski mask.
We drop the teenagers off at the Loveland Ski Area.
If you have a good imagination, you don't really need skis to enjoy the slopes!
Just over the Continental Divide from the Loveland Ski Area is the Arapahoe Basin Ski Area.
The view at the top of the Continental Divide
My athlete, farmer, beauty queen wife carries Sara around the muddy meadow leading up to the beaver ponds, because Sara was not feeling up to par.
Didn't see any beavers, but we are going to bring fishing tackle next time, because Jon spotted some big trout!
The view from the beaver ponds:
As the sun began to set over Lake Dillon, we remembered we had two very tired teenagers we needed to pick up at the ski area!

6 comments:

Terri Wagner said...

Love those pics. Using the continental divide one as my background today. I usually use one of yours and everyone that stops by says wow where did you get that? Gorgeous Bob I envy you guys. It's finally cold here relatively speaking.

robinstarfish said...

Beeyootiful, Bob. Hard to beat country like that. That's the best way I know to get truly refreshed.

I can't believe skiing in October. I'm jealous. ;-)

Mrs. Who said...

Skiing in October? What about global warming?

What a beautiful way to spend time with your family...enjoying God's creation.

Bob's Blog said...

robin,
A compliment from you, the best photographer on the web, is most appreciated.

Terri,
Your continued friendship is most appreciated, too.

Mrs. Who,
Yesterday I made a sarcastic comment to a woman about global warming (we are expecting more snow today and again on Tuesday and Wednesday). She lectured me that global warming actually causes more severe winters. I just stared at her in disbelief.

Lemon Stand said...

I have SOOOO missed your pictures and the managerie of animals and kids! I have also joined the ranks of foster parent although not anywhere near at the level of you and your wife. We now proudly have 5 daughters instead of 4. We have been blessed!

PS Having lived in CO for about 7 and a half years, you are also making me miss the ski trips...

So glad to be back and able to check in on old friends...

Bob's Blog said...

Lemon Stand,
It is great to hear from you. I'll be over to read you in a moment!